Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Trying

Okay, people that appear or present themselves
as helpless really bother me.
I wonder what this says about me and
I wonder what it says
about how I view feeling helpless.
If I cannot accept this in other people it
is very likely that I do
not accept this emotion in myself.
Maybe this is a major force behind me wanting to fix things...
There is a major part of me that reacts against anyone
trying to get me to do things for them that
they can do for themselves.
I feel like it puts me in an awkward place
and it puts me in a place of
control or power over someones live,
a control or power that I do not want.

1 comment:

LKH said...

Ooooh... today I had an issue with my bike and couldn't get home or my destination without help. A nice old man offered but I was prideful. I finally decided I had no option but to go to the bike shop 2 blocks away. They helped me fix a problem I'd been living with on the bike for months. Admitting helplessness leads to getting help, no? Glad you're blogging again I really like it!