Monday, November 09, 2009

Grateful

Definition
Main Entry: grate·ful
Pronunciation: \ˈgrāt-fəl\
Function: adjective
Etymology: obsolete grate pleasing, thankful,
from Latin gratus — more at grace
Date: 1552
grate·ful·ly \-fə-lē\ adverb

grate·ful·ness noun

1 a : appreciative of benefits received b : expressing gratitude 2 a : affording pleasure or contentment : pleasing
b : pleasing by reason of comfort supplied or discomfort alleviated

No where in the above definition is grateful identified as a verb.
Well I believe that being grateful is a verb and that in todays world being grateful
takes intention and action. So in my attempt to live up to my own definition I want to
use this blog as a place not only to express myself and my ramblings but as a place to acknowledge my "being grateful-ness"


I am grateful that I have a husband who is respectful, kind, loving,
caring and thoughtful.

I am grateful for the opportunity to truly share in life with other people.
I am grateful for peoples willingness to share their stories
and thus their very souls with me.


No comments: