Thursday, November 26, 2009

BUY! BUY! BUY!

I feel overwhelmed by the amount of advertisement
that is trying to get me to buy buy buy.

It is couched in warm and friendly ways such as
buy this for your friends, family, coworkers, or
because you deserve this. I do feel the tug of it,
if I love, or care about my friends and family
I will buy this for them or get them something
they deserve.

I don't believe that love is shown by what
I get some one. If this was the case I would
be several hundreds of thousands of dollars
in debt "showing" my friends and family how
much I care and love them.

I believe love and caring is shown by being
present with friends and family when they
are going through their day-to-day struggles.
It is important to be present with friends and
family in the mundane doldrum of the days
and trying to love on them no matter what.

No comments: