Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Musings

I have loads of time at work right now, at least until school starts which is coming up very very soon. So I'll blog while I can.
Since the beginning of the year (yes I know ten WHOLE days ago) I have been doing a devotional. My pattern has been to start this and then not to maintain it throughout the year. Sometimes my follow through on certain things is not so consistent.
I really enjoy the devotional, it helps me to have a different perspective on life and to keep my focus on God where it needs to be rather than on the things of this world. Each time I read something; it speaks directly to me or something I have recently gone through. I struggle with trusting God to take care of me, although he always has, I struggle with trusting that I am right where God wants me right now otherwise I would be some place else. I fret about being single and if its EVER GOING TO END! I start to question whether there is something wrong with me, why does it seem that everyone else is in a relationship but me? I know thats not true but boy does it feel like it. I question what other people (who are in relationships) have that I don't have and how to "get" whatever it is they have. The question comes down to "What is WRONG with me?"
So in saying all that I wanted to look up some scripture about my identity in Christ, which is always a struggle for me and some scripture about God's character. In doing so I read Colossians 1:22:22But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation—
and replaced it with my name so it reads like this:
Now he has reconciled Crystal by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in His sight without blemish and free from accusation.
I had read this before but somehow I really got the "without blemish" part. God sees me without blemish! How beautiful is that? Although I am full of blemish God doesn't see me that way, in his eyes I AM WITHOUT BLEMISH! I just finally got that, and its really a comforting thing to know that I am seen as without blemish.

No comments: