Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Autobiography for everyone

AUTOBIOGRAPHY IN FIVE SHORT CHAPTERS
Chapter I
I walk down the street.  There is a hole in the sidewalk.  I fall in.  I am lost.  I am helpless.  It isn't my fault.  It takes forever to find a way out.
Chapter II
I walk down the same street.  There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.  I pretend I don't see it.  I fall in again.  I can't believe I am in the same place.  But it isn't my fault.  It still takes a long time to get out.
Chapter III
I walk down the same street.  There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.  I see it is there.  I still fall in.  It's a habit.  My eyes are open.  I know where I am.  It is my fault.  I get out immediately.
Chapter IV
I walk down the same street.  There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.  I walk around it.
Chapter V
I walk down another street.

This is by Portia Nelson however I think it can be applied to everyone!

No comments: