Monday, February 22, 2010

Client-Centered Therapy


The definition of expert is as follows
  • adept: having or showing knowledge and skill and aptitude; "adept in handicrafts"; "an adept juggler"; "an expert job"; "a good mechanic"; "a ...
  • a person with special knowledge or ability who performs skillfully
Do I believe that I am an expert on other peoples lives, I would say not so much
Sometimes I am not even an expert in my own life, although I do have knowledge, skill and adept
and I do have special knowledge or ability when it comes to my own life.

How do I create an environment and relationship with a patient/client
so that they may remove the blocks

If I as a therapist can put the patient in the right environment and teach
them how to maintain this environment and to remove the developmental
blocks and things that have hindered them to developing to their best possible
selves I can say that I have done something.

Truly my only job is to come along side the and help the to find and cultivate 
healthy thoughts, behaviors and environments.

1 comment:

LKH said...

Just keep saying the word "adept" over and over and you will be fine. :)